Togo women call sex strike against President Gnassingbe
Women in Togo have been urged to abstain from sex for a week from Monday to push their demand for reform.
- Liberia’s sex strike (2003) convinces Liberia to talk peace with Ghana.
- Colombian military general (1997) asks wives and girlfriends of guerillas to abstain from sex to settle violence.
- Pereira, Colombia, (2007) Crime drops by 26% after local ladies deny men involved with gangs.
- Kenya (2009), a week long sex protest brings the Prime Minister and President together after disagreeing, downing the tension.
- Mindanao, Phillipines (2011), women from neighboring villages refuse their lovers until they get over their arguement.